Census Genealogy Resources
Not finding what you need here? Check out these sites:
- The USGenWeb Census Project - includes many, many transcriptions of federal census records. At the time this link was added, there were not any transcriptions available for Pine Co., but it's worth checking out.
- Ancestry and Genealogy are subscription sites, but they have indexes and images for each available federal census and Ancestry has state census indexes and images.
Census Historical Resources
If you are researching a family that appears on the US or state census, it is important to understand the purpose and methods behind the images and transcriptions. Some of these links may be of interest:
Blank Census Transcription Forms
1849 - Territorial
1857 - Territorial
1860 - Federal - Buchanan County
1860 - Federal - Pine County
1865 - State
1870 - Federal
1875 - State
- The 1875 state census is available to subscribers at Kinsource.
1880 - Federal
1885 - State
- The 1885 state census is available to subscribers at Kinsource.
1890 - Federal
- Much of the 1890 census was damaged or destroyed in a fire in 1921 and subsequent mishandling. This is a very interesting article about what happened: First in the Path of the Firemen, NARA
- In Minnesota, the only portion of the population schedule that exists is part of Wright County. However, the veterans schedule, taken that year to help the Pensions Bureau with applications from civil war veterans that were pouring in, has survived as well. 1890 Veterans Schedule Transcription
1895 - State
1900 - Federal
1905 - State
1910 - Federal
1920 - Federal
1930 - Federal
Copyright 2008 by Melissa Warner